Department: Department of Pediatric Surgery is started in 2017 at Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences with an aim to provide the surgical services to the new-borns (Neonatal Surgery), infants and children. It will be the third Government facility in Lucknow by the Government of Uttar Pradesh following KGMU and SGPGI that will cater the surgical problems in children.
The Pediatric surgeons will provide surgery for children of all ages, from infants to young adults including all types of operations on Pediatric patients every day and aiming to become a leading Pediatric surgery centre. We help our patients get better through diagnosis, treatment, surgery and extensive follow-up care.
Dr Tanvir Roshan Khan
Dr Shrikesh Singh
Location : Mother and Child State Referral Centre (A centre of Excellence), Ahmamau, Shaheed Path, Lucknow.
Helpline Number : 8707736419.
Infrastructure : OPD and 30 bedded ward with dedicated 6 beds HDU, and NICU, OT complex, minor OT and Day care surgeries, pathology and kids play area.
- Pediatric general Surgery
- Pediatric Cancer surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
Common Pediatric Surgical Procedures:
- Inguinal Hernia Repair - Total laparoscopic needle-assisted or open technique
- Umbilical Hernia repair
- Epigastric Hernia Repair
- Undescended Testicle - Laparoscopic or open technique
- Lumps and Bumps
- Branchial Cysts/Sinuses
- Lymph Node biopsy
- Breast Mass Excision/Biopsy
- Labial Adhesions
- Percutaneous Liver Biopsy
Common inpatient laparoscopic and open procedures include:
- Nissen Fundoplication - management of gastroesphageal reflux disease
- Cholecystectomy - gallstones
- Appendectomy - appendicitis
- Splenectomy ? splenomegaly
- Neural tube defects(Meningomyeloceles)
- Laparoscopic pullthroughs
- Mesentric/Omental cysts
- Colostomy closure/reversal
- Laparoscopic Undescended testes
- Tumor Biopsy
- Thoracotomy/Thoracoscopy - chest tumors, lung cysts
- Laparoscopy/Laparotomy - abdominal
- Pyloromyotomy - pyloric stenosis
- Gastrostomy/Jejunostomy - failure to thrive or feeding intolerance
- Colonic Pull-through - Hirschsprung's Disease.
Common neonatal surgeries include, but are not limited to:
- Repair of Esophageal Atresia/Tracheoesophageal Fistula
- Repair of Gastroschisis
- Repair of Omphalocele
- Repair of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Abdominal Masses/Cysts
- Colostomy - Imperforate Anus, bowel obstruction, etc.
- Hirschprung?s disease.
- Meconium ileus/Plug.
- Duodenal atresia
- Bowel atresia
- Pyloric stenosis
- Conjoined twins
- Wilm's Tumor-Excision/Biopsy/Chemotherapy
- Neuroblastoma- Excision/Biopsy/Chemotherapy.
- Liver tumors- Excision/Biopsy/Chemotherapy
- Ovarian/Testicular tumors
- Sacrococcygeal teratoma
- Other Pediatric tumors
- Exstrophy Bladder
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Cloacal exstrophy